Wednesday, March 28, 2007

FANTASY BASEBALL


I am not sure if there would be any interest among the cousins and family, but i thought it would be fun to do a fantasy baseball league. It would be casual and wouldnt require a ton of attention... but it would give us a reason to pay some attention to baseball (now that the kissing bandit has effectively retired). It would also be a way to stay in touch...so cousins, wives, husbands, fathers, mothers, uncles, you are officially invited.

If anyone is interested, I will gladly set everything up for us. We should do a draft this weekend since the games start on Sunday. Let me know, and if we have at least 8 then i say we do it.

ps...i have one person on board so far (Jayme), but i am going to be pro-active and send everyone the link to a league i set up. It took 10 seconds to do, so PLEASE DONT FEEL OBLIGATED to join if you dont feel like it. I dont have everyone's email address though so just tell me if i didnt send it to you but you would like to join.

9 comments:

Jayme said...

Chris:

Count me in!!

Jayme

Elyse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elyse said...

Awesome Jayme--this will be another fun way to keep up with each other. Now convince your brothers and dad!

Ian said...

I'm willing to try, but I don't know anything about fantasy sports. I tried doing fantasy football with Jayme last fall, but I never figured out how it worked.

Elyse said...

ian...
i think most people will be in the same boat as you. i have done 3 leagues--2 basketball and 1 baseball--and so i am a novice as well. But i can explain most stuff to most people, and it will likely be a casual league. Dont feel like you have to, but if you would like to try, it might be fun.

Kyle said...

Chris-it has been way too long man!! We need to catch up.

I'm not a cousin nor am I a wife, husband, father, mother, or uncle of a cousin but if you're looking for people to play, count me in.

Elyse said...

you are right that you dont fall under the previously stated categories that would normally qualify you for the coolest fantasy league in the land---but i would love to have you and i am sure everyone else would too....
good to hear from you--send me your email address and i will "invite"you to the league

Chantalle said...

Christopher! i wish you had asked me before you posted the photo of me!

xoxox
c

Ian said...

I just signed up, but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing. The fact that my work has blocked fantasy sports web sites only hurts my chances of being a good player. But I'll give it a try.