Saturday, March 10, 2007

So, whatcha been upto?

Thanks for asking...since we last talked (maybe), I finished my first and almost my second year of law school. For some of you (sorry), I finished my senior year at Catholic High School, freshman/sophmore/junior and senior years at Brigham's Academy, and an LDS mission in Hungary...

I know that when Ian and Jayme decided their academic strategies, they went for the good grades/good job route. I...well...I took "the road less traveled". I have learned that I am not necessarily great at reading, thinking or writing. However, in my defense, I had no idea that these skills were required for post graduate studies. Had I known, I may have made a different choice in terms of my career. For example, I excel at complaining and rationalizing, so I feel like I could have been a contender in the political arena...Heaven knows they don't have to be good at thinking.

I am balancing my 2.4 GPA with a job at Senator Harry Reid's office in Las Vegas. I work mostly with Immigration cases, because Las Vegas is apparently an international migration spot. Since Harry is a "raging liberal", I mostly try to help people evade the authorities and steal all of the jobs that real americans so badly desire (ie...underpaid lawn mowers, underpaid hole diggers, underpaid sod layers and underpaid maids). Just in case any minute men read this post, I am joking....I am a liason between the people and the Dept of State.

I will update this blog enough to keep my readers interested (thanks for that tip Jayme). I hope all of you are well, and stay tuned...

6 comments:

Chantalle said...

dude...i had forgotten how good looking you are!! and is that a cactus next to you...or a penis???

have you heard? ang and i are coming in for mother's day. does amber want to hang out w/ us? we are gonna get a hotel, eat, read, and relax. the usual... can she get us any good tickets to shows? i would really like to see KA.

does amber have a blog? we gotta get angel up...dude, if you can do it ANYBODY can!

xoxox
c

Jayme said...

Chris:

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for validating the fact thst SOMEBODY actually reads my blog. I was wondering. When I refer to my faithful readers, please know that I'm referring to you. But before you write further, we need to clear something up. Who told you I got good grades? 2.4 in law school equals 3.8, 3.9 in regular school. Or at least this is what we lawyers keep telling each other. I can't speak for Ian. He really is smart, working for the supremes and all.

Spencer Davis said...

Chris-
Jayme was just being nice. I'm pretty sure that a 2.4 average would be the equivalent of being in the "Blue Jay" reading group, rather then the "Red Robbin" reading group. Don't worry, you're in good company. Back in first grade I was also in the Blue Jay reading group, along with all the other kids who couldn't read good.

I'm excited that you are blogging. I hope your blog is as excellent as mine is.

Ian said...

Its good to see that you have joined the ranks of the bloggers. This means that you should also make occasional postings on others' blogs. You should have plenty of time for such activities while you sit in your boring law classes with the internet at your fingertips (that's assuming UNLV has wireless internet in its classrooms).

On a side note, I have forwarded your blog link to my associates in the minutement organization. They should be setting up an armed supervision committee that will watch your every move to make sure that you do not aid anyone who has somehow slipped through their armed border patrols.

Allison said...

Wow, I had to see it to believe it! Congrats and Welcome. We look forward to hearing from you when you have nothing better going on, j/k. But seriously I am awaiting your constructive comments of my grammer and spelling errors, something I have missed since the good ol' MSN messenger days at DCDC.

Chris Blakesley 1 said...

Christopher,

We loved having Ali over. She is sweet. Perhaps over time she will be able to do like the fox in Le Petit Prince and render Chloe apprivoise.

Now get to work.

Dad & Mom